Jobs & Internships
Work for the Colorado Foundation for Water Education! As a small organization, CFWE isn't often hiring, but when we do, this is where you'll find all openings.
Unique paid internship opportunity with CFWE: Dive into water education this summer!
Are you a student interested in natural resources management, water law and policy, journalism and communications, and public engagement? Our work runs the gamut as we strive to educate Colorado’s decision makers, water resource managers, and broader populace about our most important resource: WATER!
The Colorado Foundation for Water Education is a Denver-based nonprofit organization dedicated to reaching a statewide audience with quality information, education and leadership programs focused on water. We offer publications, digital content, tours, webinars and more. Join our dynamic team for Summer 2016 and gain valuable experience in creating top-notch educational programming for a big state. We’re looking for a talented and motivated individual who can help with blogging, publications, social marketing, member communications, educational tours, and conference logistics, working primarily from our office in uptown Denver.
- Plan, write and edit a blog series for CFWE’s Your Water Colorado blog
- Develop and execute a social media campaign to engage and expand CFWE’s community of fans and followers
- Assist with member mailings and other targeted communications
- Perform photo research and catalog graphic assets for Headwaters magazine
- Assess website analytics for high-traffic areas to inform website redesign
- Solicit silent auction donations for the Sustaining Colorado’s Watersheds conference
- Attend and provide support for educational bike tours
- College or university student
- Interest in natural resources
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Xcel
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Journalism, communications or marketing background helpful
- Social media and digital marketing
June-August 2016 | 10 hours per week - Ideally two 5-hour days | $12/hour